Special Notice to Property Owners and Businesses along Main Street
This notice is to inform you that the preliminary investigation and design work being completed over the next 3 to 6 months will include collecting information specific to your property for which WE NEED YOUR ASSISITANCE AND COOPERATION to better serve you.
As the project is in an area with old buildings and few records, it is important that we gather as much information as possible about the properties to reduce the amount of unknowns that you, the City, and a contractor may need to deal with.
A representative from SEH (the City’s consulting engineer) will be making arrangements over the next few months to view your property and collect information related to the property.
Examples of information that may be collected, includes:
- Observations of building accessibility (front and rear entrances).
- Location of sewer and water services both inside and outside the building.
- Existing sewer and water service materials (lead? clay? cast iron?)
- Presence of any exterior basement access (coal chute, fuel oil port, windows).
- Sidewalk vaults or other tunnels.
- Old district heat pipes entering the building.
- Material and condition of building foundation.
Most of these building observations are expected to be completed in about 30 minutes. We expect this work to be completed by February 2017, but may resume again in the spring if necessary. In some cases there may be a need to access some buildings again if there are observations or questions that need follow up.
In the meantime, we would greatly appreciate you contacting Julie Brinkman at SEH at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877.316.7636 and providing SEH with a phone number and/or email contact information for:
- Who is the best person to contact to gain access?
- Best time(s) to contact that person?
- Best days and/or times to set to set up an appointment?
NOTE: If your property has had any problems in the past with the sewer service (blockages, back-up, need for regular cleaning), please provide us with any background information.
ALSO: If you are a renter/tenant and would like to be included in future notifications, please provide us with your contact information and note that you are a renter.
If you have any questions about the proposed building observation work related to this project, please contact City Engineer, Chris Cavett (SEH) at 877.316.7636, or Public Works Director, Glen Sticha at 952.758.4401.